Family Friendly Measures
The SFB 958 implements various measures in order to support its members in the pursuit of their scientific career and to make the workplace more family-friendly.
- The SFB supports scientists with children offering flexible working hours.
- In cooperation with Kids Mobil we are also able to offer a flexible and mobile childcare service to our members
(contact: Christiane Radtke, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone:(030) 970 028 86).
- Moreover several family rooms or toy boxes for hire for your office are available at FU Berlin, Charité and DIfE .
- The SFB can even cover the costs for IT-equipment for home office including laptop or desktop PC. The equipment certainly remains property of the university.
- In case of family-related absences, such as parental leave or dependent care, project leaders on maternity or parental leave have the option to be relieved from project-specific routine tasks (including project management) by qualified temporary support staff. The same may also apply for regular project research staff.
For more information please also check the following links:
The SFB 958 is aware of the importance to the provision of equal opportunities.
Much emphasis is put on increasing the career qualifications of early-career female researchers and
the number of female researchers at the project management level.
These measures are also in keeping with the DFG's Research-Oriented Standards on Gender Equality
(See DFG toolbox for Gender Equality in Research and Academia).
For more information on the programs and measures of the individual institutions please check the following links: